Thalia Hall was founded by John Dusek in 1890. Modeled after the Prague Opera House, the hall served as a beacon to the community until it was closed to the public in the 1960s. The hall was granted landmark status in October of 1985. Over its storied history, Thalia has hosted many musical, theatrical and community events. In 2013, we began the process to re-establish Thalia as a public hall fit for all types of events, a beer inspired restaurant on the first floor and a punch focused cocktail bar in the basement.